Thursday, May 9, 2013

FIRST! - Experience with Web 2.0

Well, the first assignment for this class has been fun so far.  This is my first blog, and I'm looking forward to refining it.  Admittedly, I am a little behind the curve when it comes to networking trends, learning what I can only after friends introduce me to them.  I have often used social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. and frequent community sites like YouTube or Wikipedia.  However, I have never applied these tools to professional purposes, and am curious to explore their application.  I especially would like to implement a professional Wiki someday. 

On the note of class experiences, how does everyone like the transition from Blackboard to D2L?

-J. Burnley

5 comments:

  1. Great title! I have my doubts that this month of May is going to be particularly merry. The new Blazeview format works well for me so far. I could never get the old version to forward discussion posts to my e-mail. On this new version it was easy to set up and it works! Very convenient. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just getting used to the layout. Once I am certain nothing is hiding from me anywhere, I think I will like it. I had used the Blackboard system for my Undergrad, so I was well accustomed to that.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. The transition from Blackboard to D2L is something that I have been looking forward to for some time. I used D2L as a teacher and truly enjoyed it. The interface is much more modern and intuitive. Yes, and nothing really "hides" from you like in Blackboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I found something annoying about D2L. Correct me if I am wrong, but unread messages are not immediately visible. You have to look them up separately by each topic. Also, you have to manually mark messages as unread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am having difficulty navigating all the discussions. I don't like to have to remember to mark things as read. Is there a way to change that so that the default is "read" after you've opened it?

    For the most part, though, it looks great. I like the profile photos...it really helps you keep a better idea of who you're talking to if you're bad with names like I am. It's almost like meeting face to face.

    ReplyDelete